Bloom is looking to add a coordinator role to its team to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Business Development functions. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to assist Bloom’s Director of Business Development in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales pipeline. Additional responsibilities will include learning how to configure the Bloom application and assisting with onboarding new customers This position requires excellent communication skills, an overly optimistic and positive attitude, and the willingness/ability to work in a sometimes chaotic, start-up environment. The ideal candidate has experience working in a winery tasting room, managing a wine club, or has been responsible for DTC Sales in a winery or wine retail environment.
The Business Development Associate will primarily be in charge of managing the tools used in Bloom Business Development activities. They will also assist with note taking during client meetings as needed, preparing reports on various topics and, overall, making sure our sales processes are running smoothly, thereby making our clients happy.
This position demands that you are detail driven. Sometimes you'll feel like you are balancing a spinning plate while juggling three balls, and walking a tightrope, but this doesn't scare you. You think of yourself as a problem solver and a very quick learner, and you are at home in a technical, collaborative, team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage demo web-store content, including data cleanliness, organization and integration of new Bloom or Shopify features, when available
- Execute the presentation of customer demos, whether live or pre-recorded
- Maintain sales tools and documents, create/generate/maintain reports
- Update database of customer accounts, including recording details on each project implementation
- Respond to incoming inquiries (live chat, email, etc.) as needed
- Conduct discovery calls, prepare notes, create/maintain ActiveCampaign Deals as needed
- As part of your training, and potentially on-going, assist with onboarding new customers onto the platform.
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Applied Science or equivalent job experience
- Professional, friendly demeanor and attitude, whether working with clients (potential or current), or with co-workers
- Highly articulate, confident and effective communication skills (written, face-to-face, on the phone, Zoom/Web meeting)
- Experience in the wine industry with specific knowledge of winery DTC, E-commerce and POS platforms - preferably Orderport, WineDirect, Commerce7 or similar
- Solid understanding of core internet technologies and content management systems (Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix, etc.)
- Ability to manage timelines, complete tasks, identify opportunities, solve problems or conduct research on an independent basis with minimal or no supervision
- Proficient in Excel/Office-type products
- Optimistic and positive attitude, always
- Great collaborator, quick thinker, and team player
- Very detailed oriented
- Quality focused
- Ideally, a resident of
- Western Washington, although PNW or West Coast would be acceptable
This will be a contract-to-hire position. Hourly rate or salary will depend on experience and performance during the first three months of contract employment.